Who We Are
The Consortium brings together community coalitions, service providers, school districts, and other partners serving children and families in Skagit County.
What We Do
- Provide community education and discussion forum opportunities.
- Form partnerships to strengthen existing resources.
- Identify gaps or overlaps in services for children and families most at-risk of academic failure, dropping out of school, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness in Skagit County.
- Develop the means to fill those gaps and increase service capacity.
- Promote best practices.
When We Meet
The Consortium meets the third Wednesday of the month during the academic year from 9:00 – 10:30 AM in the Community Room at Christ the King Church at 2111 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon.
Linda Nelson Community Champion Awards - Nominations Open!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Linda Nelson Community Champion Awards
The Linda Nelson Award recognizes an outstanding community member and an outstanding organization/agency/group, whose efforts with children and families, in our community characterizes many of the following attributes:
- Exceptional commitment to safe communities, prevention, and the well-being of children & families.
- Regard for human dignity.
- High respect by colleagues and community partners
- Understanding of the importance and value of partnerships in the community.
- Ethical and congruent in both words and actions; demonstrating remarkable personal accountability.
- Being a visionary with the passion to bring ideas to reality.
The SCCFC Awards Committee selects recipients of the awards from nominated individuals or groups. The recipients are honored in June. To learn more about the award, or to nominate a community member, please click here. Nominations are due April 28, 2017.